MWA has extensive experience in assessing the actual and potential impact of noise upon on residential and other noise-sensitive areas. We deal with noise from sources including roads, railways, aircraft, industry, extractive industry, sporting and entertainment venues. Our team is able to help you to manage noise impacts in the most cost effective way by identifying the most appropriate acoustic solutions including buffer distances, and physical measures such as barriers and building design components.
• Road traffic noise studies using SoundPLAN computer traffic noise modelling for residential estates, multi unit dwellings and commercial developments.
• Railway noise assessments using SoundPLAN computer rail noise modelling for residential estates, multi unit dwellings and commercial developments.
• Aircraft noise assessments for residential estates, multi unit dwellings and commercial developments
sports & entertainment noise
• Noise impact assessments for proposed sporting venues (outdoor and indoor), assessment of reverse amenity constraints imposed by locating noise sensitive uses in proximity to sporting venues.
• Entertainment and premises noise assessments for licensed and unlicensed venues.
• Noise impact assessments for new and existing industrial developments, consideration of reverse amenity constraints imposed upon industrial development from proposed noise sensitive uses.
• Detailed computer noise modelling of manufacturing/process facilities to determine noise mitigation requirements and provision of design solutions.
• Field noise testing and assessment using in-house measurement equipment.
• Assessment and design of internal building acoustics for residential, educational, commercial and industrial uses.
• Building Code of Australia acoustic assessments and design for residential dwellings.
• Providing specialist acoustic consulting services to masterplanning studies for new residential, commercial and industrial development.